Civil War Memorial Building
Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 2:00pm
Cattaraugus County Civil War Memorial Building
at the corner of Seventh and Court Streets, Little Valley, NY
The dedication included short remarks commemorating the building and the new historic marker followed by the unveiling of the sign. Members of CAMP and the public were in attendance. The event was hosted by Citizens Advocating Memorial Preservation (CAMP). The building was originally dedicated in 1914 as a memorial to those from the county who fought in the Civil War and was used as the Cattaraugus County Museum until the early 2000s. In 2017, CAMP took ownership of the building and the group is currently working on restoration and reuse plans for the complex. CAMP is a 100% volunteer-run, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Click Here to See the Pomeroy Marker Dedication Photos
For more information about the Memorial Building, CAMP, and how you can help, please contact CAMP by using the CAMP Contact Page.
The historical marker sign was funded by the William G. Pomeroy Foundation.